Influencer marketing has become a dominant force in marketing the past decade. For member-reliant organizations, this presents a big opportunity to tap into the potential of member influencers.
In this blog post, we’ll explain the idea of member influencers and provide actionable strategies to encourage, spotlight, and foster more of them.
Understanding the Power of Influencer Marketing
Before delving into the world of member influencers, it’s essential to grasp the significance of influencer marketing. Unlike celebrity endorsements, influencer marketing relies on individuals who are trusted within their respective niches. These influencers are seen as authentic sources of information and recommendations.
According to Edelman’s Trust Barometer, more than half (58%) of consumers admitted to making a purchase based on an influencer’s recommendation in the prior 6 months. This statistic underscores the immense potential of influencer marketing in influencing purchase behavior.
Member associations often have a wealth of untapped potential within their own ranks. Member influencers are individuals who are not only experts in their respective fields but also hold sway within their association’s community. They are the trusted voices that other members turn to for motivation, guidance, and insights.
Identifying Potential Influencers
The first step in harnessing the power of influencers within your member association is to identify potential candidates. Look for members who are active and engaged within your association’s community. They might be active on forums, attend events, or actively participate in discussions.
Influencers may not have millions of followers, but they have a loyal and engaged audience within a specific niche. Identify individuals who have expertise in their field or industry related to your association’s focus.
Once you have an initial list, check their online presence, such as blogs, social media profiles, or YouTube channels, where they share valuable insights and content related to your association’s industry.
Encouraging and Reaching Out to Potential Influencers
Once you’ve identified potential influencers within your member association, the next step is to encourage and reach out to them. Here’s how to do it effectively:
- Send personalized messages or emails to these members, expressing your appreciation for their contributions and their potential as influencers. Show genuine interest in collaborating with them and increasing their involvement within the organization.
- Propose content opportunities, such as guest blogging, webinars, or co-hosting events. Make it clear that you value their insights and are willing to promote their expertise.
- Recognize and showcase their expertise within your association’s communication channels. This could include featuring their articles or inviting them to speak at events.
Yes, these are tactics, many of us do for getting all members involve. You are specifically reaching out to this group to help get make getting others involved easier.
Encouraging and Showcasing Your Influencers
Spotlighting the influencers within your member association not only boosts their credibility but also encourages others to follow suit:
- Regularly feature member spotlights on your association’s website or newsletter. Showcase their achievements, success stories, and the impact they’ve made within the association.
- Conduct interviews or podcasts with member influencers, where they can share their experiences, expertise, and tips. Launch an influencer content series where these members share their knowledge through articles, videos, or podcasts. Promote this content across your association’s channels to reach a broader audience.
- Encourage members to recommend and share the content or insights provided by member influencers. This can include awards, badges, or certificates. Peer recommendations carry significant weight and can expand the reach of influencer-generated content.
Nurturing and Growing Influencers
To prevent stagnation of your influencer community, you need to nurture it. Here are some strategies to foster more influencers within your member association:
- Educational Initiatives: Offer workshops, webinars, or training sessions that help members build their personal brands and online presence. Provide guidance on content creation, social media strategies, and online networking. Parter with a consultant or marketing members within your organization who have these skills.
- Collaboration Projects: Create a supportive community within your association where members can collaborate, share ideas, and uplift each other. Encourage influencers to collaborate on projects that benefit the entire association. This could be research initiatives, whitepapers, or virtual panel events. This sense of belonging encourages members to become more active.
- Feedback Conversations: Continuously seek feedback from members to understand their needs and preferences. Regularly seek their input on association activities, content ideas, and improvements. Tailor your efforts to align with the interests of your association’s community.
In the age of digital connectivity, member influencers can become the driving force behind the growth and success of member associations. Member influencers, who possess both expertise and trust within their communities, are a valuable asset to tend. Unlock their full potential and create a thriving ecosystem where all your members support and empower each other.